Fair Housing Sexual Harassment

During the COVID-19 crisis, many people are struggling to pay rent. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous landlords try to force tenants to provide sexual favors in exchange for canceling or reducing rent. Sexual harassment in housing situations is illegal under the Fair Housing Act. If your landlord asks for sex or a maintenance person refuses to fix something in your apartment because you won’t provide sexual favors, that’s illegal. File a complaint with HUD and put a stop to it.

Go to hud.gov/fairhousing/sexualharassment
or call 1-800-669-9777
Federal Relay Service 1-800-877-8339

If you fear for your safety, call 911.


Fair Housing Discrimination

Suwannee County is a Fair Housing Advocate.  If you feel you have been discriminated against, you may file a housing discrimination complaint at: 1-800-669-9777 (Toll Free) or 1-800-927-9275 (TTY) or locally, Greg Scott, County Administrator at (386) 364-3400 or by email at [email protected]

Go to hud.gov/fairhousing or call 1-800-669-9777
Federal Relay Service1-800-877-8339

You Are Now Leaving Our Website

Links to external, or third-party websites, are provided solely for visitors’ convenience. Following links to other sites is done so at your own risk and the owners of this website accept no liability for any linked sites or their content. Any link from our site to an external website does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for its use. It is important for users to take necessary precautions, especially to ensure appropriate safety from viruses, worms, trojans, and other potentially destructive items. Users should review the privacy policies of external websites and other terms of use to learn more about what, why, and how they collect and use any personally identifiable information.